LASIK is the world’s most proven and commonly performed laser vision correction procedure.
It can be successfully used to treat those with long and short sightedness, astigmatism and sometimes presbyopia (use of reading glasses) to allow recipients to live free of glasses and contact lens.
With a wide treatment range and fast recovery time, it represents a preferred and safe option to optimise vision.
The procedure uses two synchronised lasers and is relatively fast, and comfortable. The first laser creates a thin flap of cornea which is folded back to expose the underlying corneal stroma. This is then reshaped with an Excimer laser to correct any glasses prescription.
The benefits of LASIK include:
- Safe and proven technology with low risk and high success rates
- Day surgery procedure and so recovery is possible in the comfort of your own home
- Quick and relatively comfortable and pain free procedure
- Fast visual recovery meaning little or no disruption to your work or lifestyle
- Day to day tasks (driving) and some exercise can be resumed within 24-48 hours
- Able to treat a wide prescription range and therefore suitability is often greater than for other procedures
- Provides excellent quality visual outcomes
This video provides a visual demonstration of how LASIK works and what you can expect during the procedure.
Please also download a brochure on the procedure here.
Dr LaHood performs LASIK surgery at ParkView LaserVision using the proven Femtosecond and excimer laser technology.
Would you like to discuss if LASIK is an option for you?
Don’t hesitate to contact Dr LaHood.