After the brain, the eye is the second most complex structure in the body and treatment strategies related to it are broad
As someone who is passionate about this medical field, Dr LaHood’s interest and experience extends beyond the mainstream, and he has a broad range of specialist ophthalmic experience.
As well as specialising in cataract and laser refractive surgery, he also cares for patients with glaucoma, macula degeneration, diabetes, uveitis and more.
As a highly experienced ophthalmologist with both private and public practice experience, his other commonly performed surgeries include pterygium excision, lid lesion removal and cosmetic reconstruction, upper lid blepharoplasty and crosslinking of keratoconus.
Below are just some of the conditions and procedures often referred to Dr LaHood.
If you have been referred to Ben for treatment of any of the below please book an appointment at your earliest convenience.
At your appointment Ben will conduct a thorough examination and provide a recommendation on your best treatment pathway. At this appointment he will answer any questions you may have and help you understand what you can expect both visually, and in terms of your recovery.
If your issue is not specifically listed below, please contact us to see whether you should be seen by Dr LaHood or if we are able to assist you in another way.
- Pterygium and Pinguecula surgery
- Lid lesion assessment and excision with cosmetic reconstruction
- Upper lid blepharoplasty
- Crosslinking of Keratoconus
- Laser treatment of irregular corneas
- Refractive lens exchange
- Age Related Macula Degeneration Monitoring and Injection
- Diabetic eye disease monitoring and injection
- Uveitis, episcleritis and inflammatory condition management
- Acute assessment of all eye conditions
- Glaucoma monitoring and management
- Dry eye assessment and treatment